Our Client Adatis has grown to over 100 people, with offices in UK, Bulgaria and India. They have become a Microsoft Gold Partner, as well as holding Microsoft Analytics Advanced Specialisation. Adatis is now part of Telefonica Tech as of March 2022, powering the next phase of our growth.
A Data Analytics Consultancy that works with clients to deliver information solutions, to help make better informed business decisions.
They are a people-first business with a close-knit team and a culture that people really love; and, importantly, a career model that lets employees take control of your development and progression.
THEIR VISION: To be the data analytics company most admired for its people, culture and innovation.
Working remotely from Bulgaria (from home or company office), collaborating and socialising with your colleagues across our two UK and India Offices.
Occasionally, would need your help outside of normal office hours (you might be required to work overnight, on the weekend or to be on-call at times) which of course, will be recognised and rewarded.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you will build and lead a dedicated DBA team for ongoing delivery and support for enterprise clients. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator, who also enjoys getting involved in a broader range of client development projects.
• Providing day-to-day direction to the DBA team
• Optimizing complex T-SQL code
• Designing and developing SQL code and automation routines
• Architecting SQL Server configuration for bleeding edge features/new use cases
• Assisting developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Sharing domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
• Supporting all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run with optimal performance Ensuring that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented
• Maintaining ETL and reporting environment configuration on SQL server Refining and automating regular processes, tracking issues, and documenting changes
• Managing SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
• Performing scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities and upgrades
• Independently analysing, solving, and correcting issues in real-time, providing end-to-end problem resolution
• Applying data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Housekeeping Implementation (including Transaction Log Management, Data De-Fragmentation, Data Consistency and Optimisation) Other
• Leading more complex “Small Works” deliveries
• Assisting with prioritisation of team activities SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• 5 Years + of experience in a similar role
• Experience mentoring and developing team members
• Strong written and spoken English
• Experience working in an environment using Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and T-SQL
• Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
• Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
• Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
• Willingness to learn based on feedback
• Ability to identify opportunities and issues
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team Nice to Have:
• Experience working with Azure SQL Databases
• Knowledge of Azure Infrastructure
• Experience using Azure DevOps
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence Database design principles and tools.
• Attractive Compensation Package
• Career Development – clear career model and mentoring programme
• Growth Empowerment – unlimited budget for books for your learning, training courses and trips to conferences
• Work-Life Balance – holiday allowance (25 days), flexible working hours and a relaxed approach to where you work
• Wellbeing – private health insurance
• Social Benefits – Travel card, Multisport card and Social team activities
If you are interested, please, send your CV
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law.
Horizons is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 18 years of experience in the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a pro-active approach towards recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.