About our client:
They are a truly international company. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG with over 27,500 employees operating across 120 markets. As they embrace a new era of growth, they’re transforming. With consumers at the centre of everything they do, their ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, where people can challenge the status quo and bring their best selves to work. Their agility and collaboration are driving their ambitions, innovation and success, all supported by their award winning development programmes that create exciting and rewarding opportunities for all.
The Asset and Configuration Analyst is responsible for supporting the definition, creation and implementation of effective processes and controls for Asset and Configuration Management. They will help to drive adherence and enhancement of policies, processes and procedures for Asset and Configuration Management.
The Asset and Configuration Analyst will assist in the management and the compliance of the installed hardware and software across the Imperial estate, ensuring details are kept relevant, organised, and maintained to a high standard of quality and accuracy. The Asset and Configuration Analyst would be involved in the maintenance of policies, processes, procedures, and standards in support of Asset and Configuration Management. They are responsible for the facilitation and governance of the Asset and Configuration Management processes, including the analysis, quality assurance and management of Assets and Configuration Items within the relevant toolset.
The Asset and Configuration Analyst must ensure the CMDB is definitive, up-to-date, accurate and the correct source for all IT Infrastructure hardware and applications. Auditing and verifying the integrity of the CMDB, to identify issues with, and improve processes associated to the update of system records. They must monitor and report on the Asset and Configuration Management processes effectiveness and efficiency and recommends improvements as part of a continual service improvement programme.
They should also play a role in the identification, classification and specification of all configuration items and their relationships to other configuration items. They must ensure that we have identified owners with accountability for the management for all configuration management within the CMDB
The Asset and Configuration analyst will demonstrate thought leadership in their area, deconstruct problems, collaborate, and communicate effectively, they will drive operational excellence internally and across partner organisations.
The Asset and Configuration Analyst reports into the Asset and Configuration Manager. They will work closely with the ServiceNow Product Owner, Change Manager, Release Manager, Infrastructure and Application Service Owners and Project Managers, within Global IT.
The Asset and Configuration Analyst is accountable for:
• Provides support in unifying and automating multiple, diverse, disparate tools and processes into the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Coordinates with Service Owners to maintain relationships and accuracy within the CMDB.
• Performs inventories and audits to monitor validity of CMDB.
• Collects and manages configuration data in asset tracking database and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable.
• Generate and realise tangible cost savings through application reutilisation and report to stakeholders.
• Management of ad hoc license queries.
• Management of vendor software portals.
• Working as part of a team to ensure installed software estate represents entitled software estate.
• Ensure compliance with commercial and legal software licencing terms.
• Ensure all new license requests are authorised and current stock levels are checked to ensure optimal use of licenses at all times.
• Ensure that the organisation is using the most advantageous licencing agreement with each product supplier.
• Support and management of Asset and Configuration management toolset.
• Troubleshooting, analysing, and resolving issues and trends in liaison with the Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for any issues that cannot be resolved at 1st point of contact.
• Create articles for the knowledge database to ensure effective and appropriate information sharing.
• Ensures that there are no unauthorised assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
• Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
• Support the deployment of the process. Evaluate performance metrics against the defined critical success factors and institutes actions to correct shortcomings or further streamline the process as necessary.
• Responsible for the execution of the process controls, ensuring that staff comply with process and data standards.
• Interfaces with other processes and/or business functions to ensure they can leverage the benefits provided by the Asset and Configuration Management process.
• Directs, prioritizes, and schedules audits; ensures that any corrective action identified in Process and/or Database audits are carried out.
• Ensures regular housekeeping of the Asset and CMDB data.
• Ensures appropriate security and access levels to the Asset database and CMDB.
• Plans and manages the population of Assets and the CMDB, including discovery, integrations, and other data import methods.
• Produces reports and Management information, including impact analysis reports and status reports.
• Identifies opportunities and submits proposals for improvement with respect to tools, staff, training, process, procedures, and work instructions.
• Use or provide the CMDB data to facilitate Impact Assessment for RFCs and to ensure that implemented Changes are authorised.
• Ensures all new CIs are added to the database.
• Ensures regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
• Engages with other departments to keep an up-to-date view on their objectives and activities.
• Administer role-based user access to the Asset Management toolsets.
• Preparation and participation in regular Asset Management user forums.
• Provide expertise and guidance to Business Partners and Project Managers on all matters related to Asset and Configuration Management.
• Develop and maintain relationships at all levels across the broader Global organisation and 3rd Party Suppliers to ensure effective delivery of projects into the production environment.
• Provide an escalation route for all Asset and Configuration issues.
• Any other reasonable duties aligned to role.
• Previous Asset and Configuration Experience
• Previous Project Lifecycle Management knowledge.
• Proven knowledge and experience of tools, technologies, SNOW and ServiceNow.
• Proven experience of managing service delivery in a multi partner/vendor environment
• Commercial acumen.
• Good communication skills – both written and oral.
• Confident in managing key relationships with internal IT teams, business stakeholders and suppliers.
• Engaging, articulate and able to influence across Global IT and business stakeholders.
• Certified Service Management practitioner to at least ITIL Foundation level or equivalent.
• ITIL qualified.
• Educated to degree level, ideally in Information Technology, Engineering Business, Economics or equivalent.
Our client offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, health insurance and (25/29) days holiday.
If you are interested, please, send your CV with a recent photo.
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law.
Horizons is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 18 years of experience in the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a pro-active approach towards recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.