Senior SQL Server Reporting Services Developer
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Microsoft-stack reporting and analytics developer, focusing primarily on SSRS (reporting) and SSIS (integration). Experience with migrations to the Azure cloud data platform stack and Power BI is a bonus, as this role will ideally have a part in migrating clients to our cloud data platform stack.
Day to day work of the Senior SQL Server Reporting Services Developer will focus on designing, developing, and maintaining complex reports and dashboards using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and the maintenance and development of complex SSIS ETL functions to support the ingestion and loading of client Data Warehouses.
The role will also involve close cooperation with business users and clients, to gather and refine requirements, analyse data, and create visually appealing and informative reports to support business decision-making.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex reports and dashboards using SSRS
- Gather and analyse business requirements and data to create visually appealing and informative reports
- Collaborate with business and technical users to ensure reports meet their needs and expectations
- Troubleshoot and resolve report issues and performance issues
- Optimize report performance and ensure data accuracy
- Create and maintain documentation for all reports and dashboards
- Stay current with new features and best practices in SSRS and related technologies
- Design, develop and maintain ETL processes using SSIS
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that all data is accurate, timely and consistent
- Performance tuning and optimization of SSIS packages
- Elicit and refine reporting requirements from business users, and ensure reports are delivered to a high standard from conception to production.
- Work with delivery and consulting teams to provide analysis and insight on report design and function, to support transition from SSRS to modern reporting tools (Power BI / Tableau etc).
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) development
- Excellent client-facing communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server, T-SQL, and data warehousing concepts
- Experience with report design and development using SSRS
- Strong understanding of data visualization and design principles
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of reports
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced client-facing environment
- Strong experience of a continuous development environment (e.g. Azure DevOps), with focus on build- and release-pipelines, best-practise Dev/Test/UAT/Production environment separation, and QA processes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure (from VM’s to cloud data platform)
- Experience with DAX, Power BI or other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience in healthcare or financial industry
- Experience with Agile (scrum) and iterative development and delivery
Adatis are a people-first company, and they value collaboration, creativity, and a positive attitude. The Senior SQL Server Reporting Services Developer will be a vital member of the team and play a key role in supporting the business through the delivery of accurate and informative reports. Adatis offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with opportunities for growth and development. In addition, they offer the following:
- Attractive Compensation Package
- Growth Empowerment – unlimited budget for books for your learning, training courses and trips to conferences
- Work-Life Balance – holiday allowance (25 days), flexible working hours and a relaxed approach to where you work
- Wellbeing – private health insurance
- Social Benefits -Travel card, Multisport card and social team activities
If you are interested, please, send your CV
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law.
Horizons is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 18 years of experience in the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a pro-active approach towards recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.