Our client Bastion Logistics is a UK based transport and logistics company, specialising on last mile delivery to households and commercial sites. They work with major global clients to deliver their parcels in the UK.
Elarging their global operations need more people in various locations to support the coordination of the whole logistics process.
For their remote team in Bulgaria, Bastion Logistics is looking to hire Dispatchers. Dispatchers are key members of the management team, responsible for smooth running of operations and managing a team of drivers.
Type: Full time employment
Reporting to: Managing Director and HR Manager
Responsible for: allocated team of drivers
● Assign equipment and vehicles to DAs and ensure drivers have functional equipment at all times. Keep track of which driver was assigned which vehicle and device on a daily basis for damage/ incident claims.
● Check all drivers are signed into operational apps
● Communicate and solve problems and issues with drivers and clients (depot management).
● Analyse issues on routes. Assess and arrange support to any route that is at risk. Report route issues to depot management.
● Analyse DAs’ performance and arrange and deliver appropriate training.
● Ensure new drivers receive necessary onboarding training and induction.
● Arrange for repairs with a mechanic/ client’s fleet management.
● Keep track of and arrange periodic van service appointments with a mechanic.
● Keep track of allocated fleet (reg numbers, dates received/returned) and report any issues, damages, repairs, due checks to company management.
● Arrange vehicle pick-ups and drop-offs. Administration
● Log driver working hours daily, using appropriate internal templates.
● Ensure the payment sheet is correctly updated at the end of each week (e.g. log number of stops and excess parcels for each per each day)
● Attend online meetings with clients and depot staff when requested.
● Keep track of distributed and returned uniforms. Ensure every new driver signs a uniform receipt form.
● Ensure every new driver finished their onboarding paperwork prior to deployment.
● Arrange drivers’ shifts and roster drivers in systems. Ensure replacement drivers are in place in the event of last minute cancellation.
● Report all incidents and traffic accidents, using an internal incident reporting template on Google Drive in a timely manner. Inform company management about an incident/ accident immediately.
● Arrange and conduct quarterly safety training for all drivers. Safety training attendance sheet must be completed and signed by all DAs.
● Support driver recruitment processes (incl. Wise onboarding, managing toxicology tests and background checks, conduct interviews, arrange ride-alongs and classroom trainings).
● Take part in regular meetings with colleagues; and in relevant training and professional development opportunities.
● Perform additional tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise of the post-holder, as requested by the Managing Director or HR Manager.
● Demonstrate a commitment to gender equality, diversity and inclusion, including a respect for diverse cultures and ways of working and adhere to
Bastion Logistics’s Equal Opportunities Policy and its effective implementation; demonstrate a strong commitment to Bastion Logistics’ zero tolerance on bullying and harassment including sexual harassment.
Horizons Bulgaria is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 20 years of experience on the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a pro-active approach towards recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.