Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst
About our client:
They are a truly international company. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG with over 27,500 employees operating across 120 markets. As they embrace a new era of growth, they’re transforming. With consumers at the centre of everything they do, their ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, where people can challenge the status quo and bring their best selves to work. Their agility and collaboration are driving their ambitions, innovation and success, all supported by their award winning development programmes that create exciting and rewarding opportunities for all.
The IT Security Operations team is responsible for ensuring the organisation meets its requirements for data and system confidentiality, integrity, and availability; protecting the organisation’s people and its information from cyber-attacks.
Working as a member of The IT Security Operations team and reporting to the Security Operations Centre (SOC) Lead, the SOC Analysts are responsible for the operation of the company SOC service.
The SOC Analyst is accountable for:
- Contributing to a globally distributed team of SOC Analysts; i.e. daily tasking, quality assessment, training and development
- Act as the Manage security-related incidents and problems throughout their lifecycle and act as an interface for IT management in operational security-related matters
- Drive learning and knowledge sharing security culture
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network threats and exploits
- Design, build, operate and maintain security monitoring systems and infrastructures such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, and cloud-based security platforms
- Advise and monitor appropriate security measures and mechanisms to guard against unauthorised access to electronically stored and /or transmitted information and reasonably protect against anticipated threats and vulnerabilities
- Provide management with up-to-date information on threats and vulnerabilities that the organisation may face
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments and security audits against the products and infrastructure. Partner with IT functions to create pragmatic action plans and monitor the execution and completion of action plans to resolve security gaps
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement, including industry best practices and recommend changes to the systems and reporting process
- Produce briefings and metrics for leadership detailing security posture and operational status as well as outlining mitigation plans
- Any other reasonable duties, aligned to the role.
Internal (excluding direct team and manager):
- All Service Delivery Teams
- Cluster IT Managers
- Service Owners
- Subject Matter Experts
- Project Managers
- Business Partners
- Work with 3rd party suppliers and partners
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of technical experience within a security operations centre
- Experience in the technical aspects of cyber security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities, and preventative and detection measures
- Extensive experience with and in-depth understanding of attack monitoring and other security systems; e.g. intrusion detection (IDS/IPS), SIEM, anti-virus, firewalls, identity and access management (IAM), and native cloud security platforms
- Experience with, and in-depth understanding of, security vulnerability tools, techniques, and standards used to conduct penetration testing
- Experience in following best practices for incident handling, investigation processes and techniques
- Experience in scripting, coding, and/or tool development
- Good communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Experience in working in a globally distributed teams
What the company offers:
Our client offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, health insurance and (25/29) days holiday.
If you are interested, please, send your CV with a recent photo.
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law.
Horizons is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 18 years of experience in the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a proactive approach toward recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.