Manager of Logistics
Our client is one of the big European retail companies with a developed network of hypermarkets in the segment of the so-called „hard discounters”. The company is expanding on the Bulgarian market and is planning to be present in the big cities in Bulgaria.
For the building of a brand new logistics centre Horizons is starting a search for a middle-management level position, related to managing of logistic processes in the centre, under the direct supervision of the logistic centre’s manager.
Manager of Logistics (admission of goods, expedition and commissioning)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivery and on-time delivery acceptance, supervising storing at the right temperature (including refrigerating and temperatures below zero), as well as expiration dates and required storing conditions
- Responsible for creating organization, planning and flawless execution of the processes regarding delivery acceptance, hiring and training employees for the department
- Takes part in inventories and controlling of goods in stock, as well as in planning of orders, specified amounts and portfolio
- Tracks and realizes the commissioning of goods
- Supervises and is responsible for the accuracy of deliveries to the stores according with the orders made
- Plans time, cycle and the overall activity regarding supplies to the stores and other branches, creates and develops routes in pace with the expansion of the chain
- Responsible for the timely delivering of the portfolio of goods to the designated delivery destinations
- Negotiates and follows relations with companies providing transport and logistic services
- Trains, coordinates and è îò÷èòà äåéíîñòòà íà åêèïà êúì öåíòðàëíèÿ îòäåë ïî ëîãèñòèêà
- Responsible for complying with HACCP standards in the logistics through trainings and supervision of employees
- University degree, bachelor/major in the field of íà òðàíñïîðòà è ëîãèñòèêàòà å ïðåäèìñòâî
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position or in executing some of the above mentioned duties
- Proven managerial and leadership skills in creating, training and managing of a large team of employees
- Experience in Logistics department with an international trading company will be an advantage
- Team spirit and willingness for training and improvement
- Very good command of English or German
- Ability for intensive travel in the initial stage of expansion
- Very good computer skills for working with business software, experience in working with specialized logistics software will be an advantage
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your CV (click the APPLY button below).