Lead IT Engineer
About our client
They are a truly international company. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG with over 27,500 employees operating across 120 markets. As they embrace a new era of growth, they’re transforming. With consumers at the centre of everything they do, their ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, where people can challenge the status quo and bring their best selves to work. Their agility and collaboration are driving their ambitions, innovation and success, all supported by their award winning development programmes that create exciting and rewarding opportunities for all.
The Global IT Lead Engineer is responsible for the 24 x 7 support of all IT infrastructure including client hardware, software, printers, telephony, peripherals, servers and network devices within a geographical area (normally a country with occasional work assignments in other areas). This role will act as the single point of contact for the management and staff within the assigned geography facing off with the local business as required. All activities should be done in accordance with Global IT policies, processes and procedures.
By working with other parts of the business, and our key support partners, this role will ensure customer satisfaction and service levels are maintained and service improvements are identified and implemented effectively.
The Global IT Lead Engineer is responsible for:
- support of all IT infrastructure including client hardware, software, printers, telephony, peripherals, servers and network devices within their geographical area
- act as the single point of contact for the management and staff within the assigned geography facing off to the local cluster as required
- ensure CMDB / local hardware and software asset management solution contains a detailed record of all systems deployed within the assigned geographical area and is up to date
- ensure local systems replacement / upgrade activity is successfully concluded
- In conjunction with the local / regional BCP team, ensure that the local IT business continuity plan is current and tested
- deployment of non-standard local systems approved by the Global IT Technical Design Authority
- manage and / or assist in project activity including the deployment of new services, systems, hardware, applications, upgrades, additional automation and any other related change activity including IT infrastructure changes (cabling etc.)
- Organisation and day to day management of the local engineering team within the agreed geographical area
- People management activities in accordance with Imperial Brands agreed processes and procedures
- Proactively improve service
- Collaboration with other regions / engineer community / EUC service owner
- MIM process linkage
- Manage local queue / correct allocation grouping
Internal (excluding direct team and manager):
- Business Engagement Leads Local & CoE
- Internal customers
- Internal Global IT counterparts
- Global IT Senior Management Team
- Work with 3rd party suppliers and partners involved in Service support and systems upgrades / deployments
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Desktop application delivery into a managed infrastructure environment
- Experience of identifying and resolving all user based IT/Telephony hardware and software issues and incidents
- Experience of supporting IP and exchange based telephony/fax services
- Worked in a service delivery environment using service desk application tools
- Experience of application wrapping scripting and testing
- Experience in delivering and managing client / server solutions.
- Ability to work with business users in defining local requirements and delivering locally approved solutions
- Experience of core Microsoft technologies
- Experience in managing infrastructure patching cabinets
- Worked within the practice and standards of a service delivery team
- Experience of working in a customer facing organisation – potentially in a VIP environment
- Experience in developing relationships with internal departments and external 3rd parties
- Has a working knowledge of local working practices, legal and safety regulations
- Has experience in and understands the Global IT release management process
- Delivery of change activity within a structured change environment
- Knowledge of active directory environment
- Experience of ITIL principles and working practices
- People management
- Must be fluent in the local working language and be able to communicate effectively in English
- Educated to degree level, ideally in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
What the company offers:
Our client offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, health insurance and (25/29) days holiday.
If you are interested, please, send your CV with a recent photo.
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law.
Horizons is a leading recruitment company specializing in expert and middle management positions with 18 years of experience in the Bulgarian market. Our team consists of business-oriented consultants with industrial specialization, a professional understanding of the business trends and a proactive approach toward recruiting and hiring through different methodologies and innovations.
Horizons owns license No 2118 from 27.09.2016.